define external function FS_DeleteDirectory
value stream newpath
status modifiable stream statusvalue
The omfsys library has been deprecated and will be removed from a future version of the language. Use omvfs instead.
This function allows you to remove a directory from the file system.
- "newpath". The path name of the directory to be removed.
- "statusvalue". This will contain either a zero length string if the function succeeds, or one of the following error codes in the current item:
- "FAILURE" -- the operation failed
- "EACCES" -- the user does not have sufficient permission for the path
- "EBUSY" -- the directory is the mount point for the file system
- "EEXIST" -- the directory is not empty
- "EINVAL" -- an attempt was made to delete the current directory
- "EIO" -- a file system I/O error occurred
- "ELOOP" -- link recursion was detected
- "EMULTIHOP" -- remote machine access is required, but not allowed
- "ENAMETOOLONG" -- the path name exceeds system limits
- "ENOENT" -- the specified path does not exist
- "ENOLINK" -- a required link to a remote machine is inactive
- "ENOTDIR" -- the pathname is not a valid directory
- "EROFS" -- the file resides on a read-only file system
Note that "newpath" must reference a valid directory, and the directory being deleted must be empty.